Woodfin Sanitary Water and Sewer District
Meeting of Board of Trustees
Minutes of December 9, 2019
The meeting was called to order at 1:04 P.M. by Joseph Martin, Director. In attendance: Sarah Gassaway, Don Haynes, Ivo Ballentine, trustees-elect; Jackie Bryson, MSD Representative; Rachel McGraw-Burgess, Finance Officer.
Election of Officers
McGraw-Burgess administered the Oath of Office to trustee-elects. Director called for nomination for Chair. Motion by Haynes to elect Gassaway Chair, Ballentine seconded. Motion carried unanimously. Meeting turned over to Chair. Gassaway called for nomination for Vice-Chair. Motion by Ballentine to elect Haynes Vice-chair, Gassaway seconded. Motion carried unanimously. Gassaway motioned to elect Ballentine Secretary, Haynes seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Approval of the Agenda
Agenda approved by consensus.
Approval of Minutes
Motion by Haynes to approve November 2019 minutes, Ballentine seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Ms. Bryson reported: MSD’s regular meeting will occur on December 18th.
No public comment.
Motion by Gassaway to accept calendar year 2020 meeting dates, Ballentine seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
- The Merrimon Avenue project is complete with a few minor issues and should be closed by the end of January.
- The District’s Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) wastewater inspection took place on December 4th and went well.
- District offices will be closed December 24-26 in observance of the Christmas holiday, January 1st in observance of New Year’s Day and January 20th in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
- The US Cellular automated meter system pilot meters have been installed and will be monitored through March for suitability for system-wide implementation.
- A new text opt-in and opt-out notification service should be live by January.
- Security upgrades at District offices will occur over the next month.
No old business.
No new business
Call of Board Members
No concerns noted.
Meeting was adjourned at 1:43 PM.