Woodfin Sanitary Water and Sewer District
Meeting of Board of Trustees
Minutes of September 17, 2018
The meeting was called to order at 1:04 P.M. by Sarah Gassaway, Chair. In attendance: Don Haynes, Vice-chair; Ivo Ballentine, Secretary; Jackie Bryson, MSD Representative; Tonya Marshall & Andrew Vanderschaaf, Gould-Killian CPA Group; Rachel McGraw-Burgess, Finance Director; Joseph Martin, Director.
Approval of the Agenda
Agenda approved by consensus.
Approval of Minutes
Motion by Ballentine to approve August 2018 minutes, Haynes seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Presentation of FY 2018 Audit – Gould Killian
Tonya Marshall and Andrew Vanderschaaf presented the results of the FY 2018 Audit. No material weaknesses were noted. No action taken.
Jackie Bryson reported: MSD accepted the private sewer system for the patio homes on Reynolds Mountain.
No public comment.
No action taken.
- The Merrimon Avenue project has not begun and the Director & District Engineer is scheduled to meet with the contractor on 9/18 to determine resolution of this project.
- The 2” Leisure Mountain line replacement project is complete.
- The District’s new meter reading truck was delivered.
- USIC completed their first month of line locating for the District and charges were in-line for expected costs for the year.
- The State completed its annual inspection of the District’s treatment plant and distribution system. The inspection went well and a letter detailing results will be sent at a later date.
- The FY 2018 audit is scheduled to be presented at the September 2018 meeting.
- The Director met with the City of Asheville to discuss several mutually beneficial projects.
- The Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy (SAHC) conducted their annual visit to the District’s watershed. No concerns were noted.
No old business.
Consideration of developer request – Monticello Road – Motion by Haynes to approve developer request conditional on District approval of system plans, Ballentine seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Call of Board Members
No concerns noted.
Meeting was adjourned at 2:23 PM.