Woodfin Sanitary Water and Sewer District
Meeting of Board of Trustees
Minutes of September 19, 2022
The meeting was called to order at 1:00 P.M. by Sarah Gassaway, Chair. In attendance: Ivo Ballentine, Vice-chair; Don Haynes, Secretary; Joseph Martin, Executive Director; Jackie Bryson, MSD Representative; Judy Butler, Town of Woodfin.
Approval of the Agenda
Agenda approved by consensus.
Approval of Minutes
Motion by Haynes to approve August 2022 minutes, Ballentine seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Ms. Bryson reported: MSD was the subject of a lawsuit regarding a traffic death.
Judy Butler, Town of Woodfin Commissioner, appeared to introduce herself and learn more about the operations of the District.
No action taken.
- Mark Hensley will return from worker’s comp leave in October and will retire early.
- Derek Flynn resigned his treatment plant operator’s position to take a position in the private sector.
- Several candidates were interviewed for an open distribution tech position.
- The District was removed from the Local Government Commission UAL after reviewing the cause to be the District’s auditor’s late performance.
- The truck damaged on a job site on Old Home Road has been totaled and will need replaced.
- A new advertising campaign identified several possible candidates for the Executive Director position.
- Director will be out of town at end of September.
No old business.
Resolution 2022-07 Surplus Property – Motion by Ballentine to approve, Gassaway seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Position authorization FY 2023 – Motion by Gassaway to approve an additional water treatment plant operator position, Ballentine seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Developer request – Robinhood development – Motion by Ballentine to approve, Haynes seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Call of Board Members
No concerns noted.
Meeting was adjourned at 1:50 PM.