Woodfin Sanitary Water and Sewer District
Meeting of Board of Trustees
Minutes of May 21, 2018
The meeting was called to order at 1:10 P.M. by Sarah Gassaway, Chair. In attendance: Don Haynes, Vice-chair; Ivo Ballentine, Secretary; Jackie Bryson, MSD Representative; Joseph Martin, Director.
Approval of the Agenda
Agenda approved by consensus.
Approval of Minutes
Motion by Gassaway to approve April 2018 minutes, Haynes seconded. Motion carried 2-0 (Ballentine absent).
Jackie Bryson reported: the Personnel Committee, Budget Committee, and CIP Committee all met in April; the Elkwood Avenue project will begin paving as soon as weather permits.
No public comment.
Motion by Ballentine to provide a $25 credit for scheduled customers who perform lead and copper testing for the District before July 1, Haynes seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
- The 2017 Consumer Confidence Report is available on the District’s website.
- A system reduction fee study was completed and is available on the District’s website.
- The Merrimon Avenue project preconstruction meeting is scheduled for May 23rd.
- A 2” water line replacement project has started at the top of Leisure Mountain.
- Some of the District’s SCADA hardware and software was replaced last month.
- The heating & air system in District offices was replaced.
- Mike Kostigen suffered an apparent arm injury on the job and is out on worker’s comp.
- The District’s tri-annual lead & copper testing begins on June 1st.
No old business.
Resolution 2018-03 FY 2019 Budget – No action taken.
Resolution 2018-05 FY 2019 – FY 2023 CIP – No action taken.
Public hearing, system reduction fee study – Hearing opened at 1:52 P.M. No comments taken, hearing closed at 1:53 P.M.
Call of Board Members
No concerns noted.
Meeting was adjourned at 1:55 PM.