Woodfin Sanitary Water and Sewer District
Meeting of Board of Trustees
Minutes of June 20, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 1:03 P.M. by Sarah Gassaway, Chair. In attendance: Don Haynes, Vice-Chair; Ivo Ballentine, Secretary; Jackie Bryson, MSD Representative; Director Joseph Martin; Woodfin Mayor Jerry VeHaun; Fire Chief Jeff Angel; several members of the public.
Approval of the Agenda
Agenda approved by consensus.
Approval of Minutes
Motion by Ballentine to approve May 2016 minutes, Haynes seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Jackie Bryson reported: MSD passed the FY 2017 budget at its regular meeting.
Several employees of Silver-Line Plastics appeared to discuss fire flow figures and needs at their manufacturing plant. No action taken. Robert Manuel of 87 Magnolia Farms appeared to discuss low water pressure/lack of water at his home. No action taken.
No action taken.
- The Leisure Mountain Road connector project is complete.
- The District’s new well pump at the treatment plant has been installed and should be operational by month’s end.
- SCADA work related to the Leisure Mountain project is approximately 50% complete.
- The District’s new billing system is projected to go live by the end of July.
- Preliminary audit work for the FY 2016 audit was completed in June.
No old business.
Resolution 2016-03, Proposed FY 2017 Budget – Motion to approve by Haynes, Ballentine seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Resolution 2016-04, 5-Year CIP – Motion to approve by Gassaway, Ballentine seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Call of Board Members
No concerns noted.
Meeting was adjourned at 2:52 PM.