Woodfin Sanitary Water and Sewer District
Meeting of Board of Trustees
Minutes of April 19, 2021
The meeting was called to order at 1:00 P.M. by Sarah Gassaway, Chair. In attendance: Don Haynes, Vice-chair; Ivo Ballentine, Secretary; Jackie Bryson, MSD Representative; Joseph Martin, Director.
Approval of the Agenda
Agenda approved by consensus.
Approval of Minutes
Motion by Gassaway to approve March 2021 minutes, Haynes seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Ms. Bryson reported: the regular MSD meeting will be on Wednesday, April 21st.
No public comment.
No action taken.
- The District’s Local Water Supply Plan has been completed & submitted to the state.
- The District’s Consumer Confidence Report is complete.
- The first automated meters for the US Cellular system will be installed the last week of April.
- The Distribution Tech position will be advertised the last week of April.
- The District’s contract for auditing services was not ready in time for this meeting.
- The Aiken Road extension is complete and the first construction fees were received for 84 connections ($151,000.00).
- The District’s annual water treatment plant inspection took place on March 29th and went well.
- The District will procure its own goats for clearing the dam in lieu of leasing.
No old business.
Resolution 2021-03 Board Compensation – Motion by Ballentine to approve, Haynes seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Resolution 2021-04 Bylaws Amendment – Motion by Gassaway to approve, Haynes seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Resolution 2021-05 Position Classification – Motion by Gassaway to approve, Haynes seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Resolution 2021-06 Internal Controls – Motion by Gassaway to approve, Haynes seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Call of Board Members
After general discussion, consensus by Board for Ballentine to allow his realtor to inspect the surplus property at 60 Merrimon Avenue to determine fair market value and possibilities for disposition.
Meeting was adjourned at 2:10 PM.