Woodfin Sanitary Water and Sewer District
Meeting of Board of Trustees
Minutes of May 20, 2019
The meeting was called to order at 1:10 P.M. by Sarah Gassaway, Chair. In attendance: Don Haynes, Vice-Chair; Ivo Ballentine, Secretary; Jackie Bryson, MSD Representative; Joseph Martin, Director.
Approval of the Agenda
Agenda approved by consensus.
Approval of Minutes
Motion by Haynes to approve April 2019 minutes, Ballentine seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Jackie Bryson reported: The Olivette development interceptor construction is underway.
No public comment.
No action taken.
- The contractor for the Merrimon Avenue project signed an extension agreement for the project with a completion date of November 2019.
- The second pump and motor at the Herron Cove pump station was replaced.
- The distribution tech position has been filled.
- McGill Engineering is preparing a proposal for a land application permit for the sludge lagoon.
- The Consumer Confidence Report is complete and posted online and customers were notified.
- SAHC performed their annual watershed inspection on May 2nd.
- The 5-year CIP will be delayed while several projects are reworked and rescheduled.
No old business.
Resolution 2019-03 Auditor Agreement – Motion by Gassaway to approve, Haynes seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Resolution 2019-04 FY 2020 Budget – No action taken.
Call of Board Members
Motion by Gassaway to increase Director’s salary by 5.5% effective with the new budget year, Haynes seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Meeting was adjourned at 2:00 PM.